Yield 1 omelette
A delicious and beautiful omelette, perfect for everyday breakfast or for company.
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 Tbs of sautéed veggies and/or meats for filling
- 2-3+ Tbs shredded cheese, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Other seasonings, to taste
- Preheat a pan over medium to medium-high heat
- While the pan is pre-heating, prepare your chosen veggies and/or meats by chopping finely.
- Add a little oil or butter to the pan once it's hot, and add your filling ingredients.
- Stir occasionally to keep from burning and to cook evenly.
- Take off the heat when meats are done and veggies are cooked to desired level. Softened but with a little bit of bite is a nice texture.
- Preheat an 8" pan over medium or medium-low heat.
- Crack your eggs into a small bowl, season with salt, pepper, and any other spices. Beat with a fork until it's an even yellow color.
- Have your cheese shredded and waiting, as the egg will cook fairly quickly once it's in the pan.
- Add a small amount of butter or other oil to your preheated pan. Let it heat up for 30 seconds or so.
- Pour your beaten eggs into the pan and immediately distribute your sautéed filling evenly over the surface of the eggs.
- Let cook until the top is almost set and it's not very jiggly.
- Flip your omelette and leave to cook just for a few seconds, because it should have been pretty much cooked through from the other side.
- Flip over so the golden side is now on the bottom again. Top with cheese and fold in half.
- Immediately move to a plate and serve. Cheese will melt on it's own.
- Use colorful veggies and cheese with a flavor complementary to your filling ingredients.
- This works equally well with an all-egg white omelette.
Recipe by Home With Love at https://homewithlove.us/an-egg-cellent-breakfast/